Saturday, July 07, 2007

07.07.07
Live Earth Day! CLU13 moves to Sentosa!

As a matter of fact, I think most of us enjoyed ourselves quite a lot today. Even with the amount of work piling up back home, we managed to put all of these behind us and enjoy ourselves for some time at least.

Beginning with my tutor giving me a lift to Botanic at like 2.30. I was the first to arrive there and was quite sian to find that the toilets were nowhere near me. So take a walk down to Gleaneagles Hospital to take a leak and at the same time, find some food. I lugged the 3kg worth of soft drinks down to the Gardens, hoping that at least someone brought cups and ice so at least we would have some mode to drink in.

At about 3 I see Mich and Yang Jian slowly streaming in, by then I had been waiting rather pointlessly under the hot sun. The Chicken pies were good (and cheap considering Delifrance overprices their food and I bought one for $1.35), but couldnt satisfy my hunger, so I bought some ice cream. You know like Botannic is the best place to jaywalk, and sometimes i cant help but to beat the red light.

As I would have foreseen, almost no one wore green, and Han An came in that silly Jesus shirt again, not that I am anti-Christ, but he wears it a bit to often, since Sec One. Taking bets really works. And as we find a place to settle down, we debate, finally settling for a spot under the tree.

The day revolves pretty much around food, bridge and soccer. Playing just left me a bit too tired and the food was just so good. By dinner I was quite full. But the whole time we were there it was just bridge, and more bridge, with my previous hopes of winning 4 and above coming to pass, considering my past win loss record. It's much better now except for the occasional mistake now and then.

Dinner was a quick affair and I really did not feel like eating. Debate between Masala and Char Siew for me. Char Siew wins. Masala too ex. but portion rather big. Rather filling, and Han An asks everyone whether they want soup. lotus soup. pretty decent, but hard to eat.

Going home was a sad affair. After such a nice day, we had to break off to our own homeworks and what have you. Chris, Fab, Han An and I start making our way to the MRT station by taking a bus. Quite a fun affair, singing all the way to MRT station. Was even more sad when Fab was taking the other line, Chris dropping at Bishan, Han An dropping at Yio Chu Kang.

So it was back to work. And once again, CLU13 prevails. Always.

No comments: